It was an incredible Working Bee today and luck was on our side with the weather. Many Year 4 families came along and rolled up their sleeves! We also had other families and many staff who came along to show support!
The following tasks were undertaken:
- We extended the log barrier along the side of the oval and dug trenches to secure the logs. This will not only prevent erosion into the oval guttering but will also created fabulous natural seating and logs for the cherubs to clamber over!
- Cleaned the guttering on the north side of the oval for better water flow towards the storm water drain (next to the senior playground)
- Installed Replas seating in the Shiawaze courtyard (Junior courtyard)
- Cleaned up the Enchanted Garden
- Hammered in nails along the Manabi decking
- Built a blue stone retainer wall under the the peppercorn trees at the Dickens St entrance
An enormous thank you to Anabel Herr and Dave Lister who not only organised the working bee, but worked like champions. Thank you also to John Higginson who always plays a major role at our working bees.
A special thank you to the many families who came along to support our school. It was brilliant!
I believe our school is looking better and better every day!