Prep (Foundation) Enrolments
The Department of Education has a statewide Prep (Foundation) enrolment timeline.
The timeline advises families when and how to enrol their child into Prep (Foundation) at a Victorian government primary school, including St Kilda Primary School.
You can find information and resources about the enrolment timeline at: Starting school page
How to Enrol
If St Kilda Primary School is the school for you and you live:
- outside our school zone please complete the Student Application Form and send to firstname.lastname@example.org. To support assessment of your application, should you believe exceptional circumstances exist that would be relevant to consideration of enrolment based on compassionate grounds, please provide full details. An enrolment form will be provided if placement is offered.
- within our school zone please complete the Student Enrolment Form and the SKPS Consent forms for the year that your child will commence at SKPS (2023 or 2024) and send to email@example.com.
Please note that the above documents are all PDF fillable and we ask that you complete them in softcopy and return them via email if possible.
If you require a paper form, please contact the school office on 03 9534 3993.
Please return the following supporting documentation with your Enrolment Form:
- Birth Certificate
- Immunisation Certificate (Refer below for requirements)
- Proof of student’s permanent residence (For guidance, please refer to the Residential Address Checklist)
- Current Visa (If applicable)
All supporting documentation must be received, including the original Birth Certificate being sighted at the Office, in order to finalise enrolment.
If you are currently overseas, please email the school and we will be happy to help.
To read our 2023 Parent Information Booklet click here.
The amendments to the No Jab, No Play legislation have tightened requirements for enrolment in early childhood services and impact acceptable documentation for school entry immunisation requirements.
By law, we are required to request and record information on the immunisation status of students prior to enrolment. Parents or guardians must provide an immunisation status certificate to the school regardless of whether the child is immunised or not.
An Immunisation History Statement from the Australian Immunisation Register via Medicare is the only form of documentation accepted as proof of a child’s immunisation status when you are enrolling a child at SKPS.
Documents produced by GPs or other immunisation providers will no longer be sufficient as a form of evidence.
There is no requirement to produce this certificate if your child is already enrolled at school.
To read our Code of Conduct on our Child Safe page click here.
Update of Changed Circumstances
Please make sure that you advise the School of any changed contact details or relevant information about your child by email so that our records remain accurate.
If at any time during your child’s enrolment with SKPS your one household family becomes a two household family, the DoE requires these details be updated. The office can assist you with the completion of the appropriate forms for your circumstances.
It is important to note that our Compass Parent Portal issues one login per family. Therefore a second login cannot be issued unless the two household family details have been updated.